The Eula Wilson Wake Memorial Scholarship
Please submit all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
with subject line "2018 Scholarship."
- Applicant should be living in North Carolina, born in North Carolina, or be the son or daughter of a member of the Society.
- Applicant must be sponsored by a Society member (may be a relative).
- Applications may only be made for undergraduate studies as part of an established degree program at an accredited college or university, public or private, located in North Carolina
- Personal letter - Applicant must submit a personal letter to the President of the Society seeking consideration. The letter should include a summary of academic standing, financial need, reasons for seeking a college education, extracurricular activities, community service, and any other factors that the applicant believes would be important to the Selection Committee.
- Transcripts - Application should include high school and/or college transcripts.
- Recommendations – Two letters of recommendation are required. One must be written by a teacher and the other must be from a member of the Society.
The Scholarship Committee consists of three members of the Society, each appointed by the President. In addition, the President and Treasurer serve as ex-officio members of the Committee.
Scholarship applications will be considered without regard to race, creed, age, or sex. Scholarships will be in the amount to be determined by the Committee, but generally do not exceed $2,000 annually. Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis, and are made for the academic year. Payment is sent directly to the college or university.
Deadline for Submission
Completed letters of application should be submitted to the President of the NCSW by July 15, 2018.